Teacher Feature – Mrs. Cioe

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Feature – Mrs. Cioe

Nolan Leite

Katharine Cioe is one of Ponaganset High School’s newest staff members being an english teacher. Being one of her students, her class is very enjoyable because of her ability to make her students break barriers in their writing. I had the chance to sit down with Mrs. Cioe and ask some questions about her educational past and personal aspirations. Mrs. Cioe has been teaching for 12 years, she also mentioned that her favorite topic to teach in English is rhetoric and argument writing.

When I asked her if she had a favorite grade to teach, she enthusiastically answered “Sophomores of course!” She additionally told me that she hopes to still be teaching at Ponaganset in 10 years. I then asked her one of the most important questions an English teacher could ever been asked; “What are your top three favorite novels?” She took time to think of her answer but then replied with, “Pride and Prejudice, A Thousand Splendid Suns and Harry Potter”.

I wrapped up the interview by asking her thoughts on Ponaganset High School so far with her response being, “It’s fantastic, you guys really do go big. The kids are very dedicated to going above and beyond, overall it’s been amazing!” Mrs. Cioe is an outstanding teacher at Ponaganset and we can’t wait to see the things to come from her teaching!